patch naming scheme.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Oct 11 01:54:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 08:43:34PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:

 > As an aside - but maybe relevant - how much description / lineage /
 > whatever should go into the spec file comments vs. into the TODO file?

The TODO is pretty free form, put whatever you want in there.
Pointers to upstream discussion (if any exists) is a good start,
as is any other info on its upstream progress.

The specfile - One liners are fine. Think about the sort of thing
that goes in the git shortlog upstream.  If bugzillas exist,
referencing them with (#123456) at the end seems to be the standard
way of mentioning them.

I don't want to get beurocratic about all this (hey, it's Fedora, not RHEL :)
so I'm not going to be imposing any kind of enforcement on the above.
Just go with what feels 'right'.

General rule of thumb: Some info is better than no info.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk