NFSv4.1 (DEVELOPER ONLY)

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 13:49:42 UTC 2009

I just noticed NFSv4.1 is set to "DEVELOPER ONLY" in the
mainline kernel and I wonder if there an guess as to when
this will be moved "EXPERIMENTAL"?

I was hoping to enable this in upcoming Fedora Development
builds so we can get a broader base of testing but I'm a bit
hesitant with it being a "DEVELOPER ONLY"...

Although, I have done (and will continue to do) regression testing
with this enable and have seen any problems, plus this new code
does not even come into play unless the mount command explicitly as
for it (ala -o minorversion=1) on v4 mounts... which seems to be
fairly stable...

steved.