Recompile kernel without SMP

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 00:27:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 08:17:29PM -0400, Paul Grinberg wrote:
 > Josh,
 >
 > I have a good reason for that. I use Cisco VPN client for Linux, and it
 > does not work with SMP kernel.

Have you tried the vpnc package ? The binary cisco module has
an hurrendous track record of problems with the Fedora kernel,
as it seemingly makes assumptions about networking internals that constantly
change upstream, leading to all sorts of horrible corruption bugs.

vpnc isn't perfect, but for many cisco setups, it's adequate, and
does all the complicated stuff in userspace.

	Dave