Recompile kernel without SMP

Paul Grinberg pgrinberg at nyc.saic.com
Tue Aug 18 00:44:42 UTC 2009

Dave,

I did, vpnc works for some of the VPNs, but not for the others. Nature
of my work requires to deal with multiple RA solutions.
Thanks for the advice though.

Here is what I got from Cisco:
"Unfortunately it is not as simple as providing you with which options
to compile the kernel with.  Since the issue is the kernel is locking up
it is something fundamentally wrong with either the updated kernel code
or the vpn client."
and then they said that it will take loooong time to fix it, because
Cisco VPN client is not a priority. (everyone is moving towards SSL VPN
solutions....).

Best,
Paul