Release F11 stuck at 2.6.29 ???

Georgi Hristozov georgi at forkbomb.nl
Sat Aug 29 05:42:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Markus Kesaromous<remotestar at live.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>
> Hi Josh,
>
> I did try it (and I posted that on fedora-list). It does not support my radeon 9600 graphics chip. I thought the problem was with xorg driver,
> but that same driver works just fine in 2.6.29.6-217.2.8.fc11.i586
>
> Today, yum updates daemon flagged that 2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.i586
> is available. So I am presently running the update process.
>
> The thing is I see already that 2.6.31 is being labeled as  a
> fedora 12 package!!
> That is why I said that it would appear that F11 seems to be stuck at 2.6.29.
>
> Cheers,
>
> MK

Hi,

2.6.31 is currently in testing phase upstream, as well as F12, so
don't expect to see it in the stable F11 (at least in the next few
weeks). It's place is in rawhide. F11 is based on 2.6.29 and 2.6.30
has been pushed to updates-testing to avoid forcing the user to
upgrade to rawhide if a new driver is needed. So F11 is not stuck at
2.6.29 and maybe it will migrate to 2.6.30 in the future. The kernel
upgrades are a serious business and it's normal for the developers to
be more conservative.

By the way, if you experience any problems with rawhide, report them
on bugzilla, not on the mailing lists. Or at least at Fedora-testing
:)

Cheers,

Georgi