arch fun.

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 12:57:49 UTC 2009

Dave Jones wrote:
> As per the discussion in #fedora-meeting today,
> we're killing off kernel-i686, and just shipping..
>
> * kernel.i586
> * kernel-PAE.686

(not strictly related to the kernel, but...)

What's the expectation here with respect to which kernel anaconda is going to
pick for which hardware features?  I ask because we have an outstanding bug
where anaconda picks the wrong kernel during a Xen install (it picks kernel.i686
which doesn't have pv_ops, when it should pick kernel-PAE.i686 which does).
Currently, anaconda only choose kernel-PAE for machines that both have the PAE
flag, and have memory mapped > 4GB.  Do we know if anaconda is going to change
to choose kernel-PAE for any machine with the PAE flag, regardless of the amount
of memory?

--
Chris Lalancette