[RFC] disable OSS sound support

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 6 17:53:12 UTC 2009

Hans de Goede wrote:
> I like it, +1, but others might disagree, I'm sure someone can dig up
> some old app which still needs it :) But that is going to be the
> exception to the rule that oss support is no longer needed.

'cat /dev/urandom > /dev/dsp' ;-) (which I also use as a cheap test if
my sound is working).

Out of curiosity, what's the overhead of /just/ /dev/dsp support? If
it's low enough, it might be nice to keep just that, but it's not
necessarily worth blocking removal. (Will /dev/dsp not exist when padsp
isn't running?)

--
Matthew
"Let's call it an accidental feature." -- Larry Wall