Module request: IB700_WDT (IB700 watchdog timer)

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 20:56:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 07:53:08PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
 > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 01:19:21PM -0500, Dave Jones wrote:
 > > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 04:13:22PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > I assume this is the right place to request drivers for the Fedora
 > >  > kernel?
 > >  >
 > >  > I'd like to request that the in-tree IB700 watchdog driver be enabled.
 > >  > The config option is IB700_WDT.
 > >
 > > looks like it already is ?
 > >
 > > $ grep IB700 config-*
 > > config-generic:CONFIG_IB700_WDT=m
 >
 > I don't understand the way the config files get generated fully, but
 > in current Rawhide CVS I see:
 >
 >   $ grep IB700 config*
 >   config-generic:# CONFIG_IB700_WDT is not set
 >   config-x86-generic:CONFIG_IB700_WDT=m

I replied to your mail before I noticed another mail that showed Kyle turned it on
earlier today.  He added it to config-generic, which is what my grep turned up.
I moved it to x86-generic, as it seems pointless turning it on on other architectures
given it's for a SBC.

 > The driver doesn't seem to be built even on x86, eg in this build from
 > today:

Yeah, no builds have been done today yet.
It'll be in the next one that goes out.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk