Switching Fedora to pae kernel by default?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 00:11:54 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 09:27 -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 09:15:24AM +0000, Christopher Brown wrote:
> > The fall-out from this going onto the livecd makes me shudder.
> >

> Jesse explained this to me,
>
> To clarify: the anaconda installer is i586, and all 3 kernel flavours
> are shipped on the disc. I would imagine the livecd is i586 and will
> remain that way.

Sorry to disappoint.  The live image is a different beast than the
installer.  The live image is explicitly i686.  It will not run anywhere
else as there is only one kernel image there to boot.  Since live
install is essentially a dd of the image to your new filesystem, there
is only one kernel there as well.

So without some more context, I can't tell you what kind of doom the
live image is in for... (:

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!