crash with iwl3945/iwlagn; fix is in 2.6.28, can it be provided to 2.6.27?

Tom Davidson tjd at mit.edu
Thu Jan 29 07:38:56 UTC 2009

Alas, Kyle's patched kernel does not fix the problem--I continue to
get oopses and hard panics. Also, the problem is fixed by an unpatched
build of 2.6.28 (2.6.28-3.fc10.i686). A closer read of the comments at
the original bug reveals that no one was actually testing just the
patch.

So while this remains a serious crasher, it's no longer just a
packaging request. I'll retreat back to bugzilla until there is a
better idea of the fix. Thanks very much to Kyle for producing a test
kernel so quickly, and sorry for the wild goose chase.

If anyone has additional debugging tips/requests, please share them,
as I have access to a network here that reliably triggers the issue.
-Tom