laptop hcl matrix

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Wed Dec 6 12:15:48 UTC 2006

Vitor Domingos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding the multiple questions about "does this laptop works with
> fedora?", that _should_ more often than the usual, we need to start a
> matrix hcl for laptops. To ease the introduction, this matrix should be
> filled from a form with some basic fields. I can start a draft for this
> if you all agree.
>
> Regards,
> - --
> Vitor Domingos

Hi Vitor.

I've already started setting up a project targeted in that direction,
but it will be a little larger than only laptops.

The idea is to collect information about working and non working things
for various distributions on as many different machines as possible.
Laptops will be ofc a larger part in that, especially as there are
oftentimes things in laptops that don't quite work as expected.

As soon as i have some more info i'll make a longer post here on the
Laptop list and on fedora-devel.

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111