FC6 AIGLX compiz on a Dell C610

Dan Brenner dbrennercom at akamail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:55:59 UTC 2006

I have come across a problem with AIGLX/compiz on my Dell C610.
The desktop-effect "Workspace on a cube" does not work properly when the
screen is 1024x768 resolution. The desktop seems to be reduced to the
upper left quadrant and the menubar is not displayed completely. When in
this mode, you can't get to any of the menus to turn off the effect,
logout or reboot. After experimenting I found it does function correctly
in 800x600 resolution.
Luckily I tried this with a test user account. Once it got in this mode,
the quickest/easiest way to recover was to reboot, login as another
user, delete the testuser account and then add it back.

Any ideas/hints?

Dell C610 P3 1.2Ghz, 512MB, ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

thanks

Dan Brenner                      0-
dbrennercom at akamail.com      All Opinions are My Own???