(no subject)

g sinuco gsinuco at yahoo.com.mx
Sat Oct 14 11:27:59 UTC 2006

Thanks for the advice.  Yes, i intalled fedora but i never had been able to see something different to a black screen after giving details of configuration.  With Slamd64  I first intalled and used the standard  driver  of  X11 with the same result, a black screen when i run startx. I configurate the  x system using xorgconfig.  Then I decided to look at the internet and found a similar problem reported in:

and use the advice in this page intalling drivers form NVIDIA; two of them the lastest and one previous (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9625-pkg2.run and NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8774-pkg1.run ), the x system stars but collapse the machine few minutes or seconds later and the only posibility is turning off the computer.

I really don't know what i can do.

German Sinuco

Phil Knirsch <pknirsch at redhat.com> escribió: g sinuco wrote:
> Hello!!
>
> I had installed the last version of Ferora Core in a HP pavillon dv6000
> (laptop) and the x system doesn't work.  When the first sesion ends his
> gues the driver is not working and i have the lastest driver from NVIDIA
> but I don't know how to install it because i don't have access to a text
> mode.  My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7200 Go.
>
> I installed too the last version os Slamd64, a slackware version for 64
> bits, and I installed the driver provide for NVIDIA but i have a very
> unstable  behaviour: The X systems runs but few minutes later craks and
> nothing works.

Hi Germ'an.

Have you tried to run the system without the NVidia binary driver and
using the standard one that comes with X11?

Read ya, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch      | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Development          | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111

Hauptstaetterstr. 58 | Web:   http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart
Motd:  You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.