Speedstep doesn't work on Centrino notebooks for Fedora Core 6

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 21:09:54 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 09:59:05AM -1000, Julian Yap wrote:
 > I found a workaround to this issue.
 >
 > >From this thread:
 > http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=128485
 >
 > Apparently, FC6 installs the i586 kernel on install.
 >
 > I downloaded the RPM for i686 and forced the install (as it conflicts
 > with the currently installed kernel):
 >
 > $ rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686.rpm --force
 >
 > I'm sure that once a kernel update was released, it would pull down
 > the i686 kernel instead as I saw someone where some did a 'yum remove
 > kernel ; yum install kernel'.
 >
 > So it's mostly an installer issue.

Ahh, that bug. That comes up from time to time, and I'm not
entirely sure why it happens.  I'm not sure if its in bugzilla or
not, but its worth filing (even if it gets marked as a dupe)
so that we can see if there's a pattern amongst the boxes
that this problem hits.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk