Speedstep doesn't work on Centrino notebooks for Fedora Core 6

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Oct 27 10:55:32 UTC 2006

Dave Jones píše v Čt 26. 10. 2006 v 13:38 -0400:
>  > # /etc/init.d/cpuspeed start
>  > FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq (/lib/modules/2.6.18-1.2798.fc6
>  > /kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko): No such device

I have the same here with just now updated FC6 and Dell Inspiron 2200
(Intel Celeron M). My /proc/cpuinfo:

[root at chelcicky matej]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1.40GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 1396.546
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca
cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up
bogomips        : 2796.23

> When was the last time this worked for you?

I had these error messages even with FC5 (for last couple of weeks,
before that I was using Debian/testing and it was OK).

Best,

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

We can tell our level of faith in what God wants to do for us by
our level of enthusiasm for what we want God to do for other.
-- Dave Schmelzer