help!!!!!!!!!!!Fedora zod hangs on compaq

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Feb 18 17:45:24 UTC 2007

sudeep s wrote:
> I installed fedora core 6  x86_64 on my compaq presario V6106 AU running
> AMD turion 64*2 processor,nvidia chipset and nvidia graphics card... but
> the problem is it  gets hung while loading at times...if i start the X
> from my shell(I installed using linux text while installing) and  logout
> from the X,it freezes always...could some body help me out
> please.....even when i installed x86 also i had the same probelm........

Do you have anything from /var/log/messages ?

I notice you mention nvidia graphics card - are you using binary nvidia
drivers?

P/S: since you did a text based install, and probably want X to start by
default, you want to edit /etc/inittab, and when you (probably) see
id:3:initdefault:, you want to make sure that 3 becomes 5. init 5 is
where X starts automagically

--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi