Broadcom 4400 series nic deactivated after installing FC 6

Vinay Bhardwaj itvinay at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 20:00:11 UTC 2007

On my dell inspiron 1505, NIC had worked fine, it stopped working all of a sudden, couldnt really predict any reason.

  What was I doing? --- Was trying for maximum plugins thru yum, guess yum"ing" did this, can this ?

"rich3800 at netzero.net" <rich3800 at netzero.net> wrote:
  I thought it was a Fedora issue but I tried Opensuse 10.2 running Xen
on the same machine and it had the same problem. Next to it, I had a
Dell Dimension 4400 desktop running FC 6 with Xen, accessing the
Internet just fine.

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 01:24 -0800, Vinay Bhardwaj wrote:
> yeah I have had the same issue, tried with non - xen and infact ubuntu
> as well, NIC has stopped working on Linux completely while works
> absolutely fine on Windows. BTW I have a dual boot.

Do you also have Dell Inspiron? Do I understand it correctly that the
network didn't work for you even with non-xen kernels?

Jindrich

http://people.redhat.com/sct/packages/kernel/kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2857.4.2.fc6.0.2.sct/

> even though it works almost for all other notebooks with
> Broadcom (HP in
> my case) so it seems like the whole Dell Inspiron series is
> somehow
> special..
>
> Jindrich

Best Regards,