Fedora-laptop-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 11

David Dembrow ddembrow at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 27 17:22:44 UTC 2007

The same thing happened to me after I updated everything via yum
update.  One of the update packages is the kernel.  However, one
typically does not replace the kernel unless it is a known good kernel -
so the previous is always available in case the new kernel fails.

In your case the 2798 kernel is the one before an update and the 2895
kernel is the one that was updated and should be used as the default.

Hope that helps.  Of course I probably don't know what I am talking about.

---d.dembrow