Status of wireless

Wise, Jeremey jwise at arrow.com
Mon Jun 18 14:57:43 UTC 2007

From the perspective or wireless, Linux has come a long way IMAO.

The issues you are having with broadcom wireless NIC drivers does not
seem to be isolated. I have just in the last few days started hearing
more and more complaining about this chipset.

Seems many have gotten it to work:

http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/

Once you get the base hardware / drivers functioning though, the new
wireless managers (I use kde so "knetworkmanager" works great) are very
nice. They have a few quirks, but overall is on par with most
expectations if you come from a Windows environment.

PS: In the future. Please post some details about your specific
hardware, kernel, and chipset ('lspci -v'  is your friend)

Jeremey Wise
Senior Consultant
Arrow Enterprise Computing Solutions
RHCE,MCSE,CNE,PSE,TSM