support for ati VGA and broadcom wireless cards

shmuel siegel fedora at shmuelhome.mine.nu
Thu Nov 22 22:26:32 UTC 2007

Thilina Buddhika wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using a DELL INSPIRON 6400, with ati radeon x1300 graphics card.
> I found it difficult to install other linux based OSs due to this VGA.
> Will i be able to install fedora 8 in my laptop, without any
> difficulty.
>
> Also it has a broadcom wireless card. does fedora 8 supports this ?
>

> thanks and regards,
> buddhika

I have a lattitue d620. For fedora 6 and 7 I couldn't get it to work on
my encrypted wireless but fedora 8 worked. It is not, however
straightforward since fedora is not allowed to ship the drivers for the
broadcom wireless. You will have to retrieve the drivers, use fwcutter
and set it up yourself. It would be nice if fedora supplied a script
that magically did all of the work after you retrieved the drivers.

Sorry, I can't help with the graphics card.