Wireless Broadcom BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci

willhs at siu.edu willhs at siu.edu
Tue Nov 27 06:51:12 UTC 2007

I have a compaq presario c500 running fedora core 8 (with
automatic  updates already installed) with a "Broadcom
Corparation BCM93411MCG wlan mini-pci" card. It shows up in
network configuration under hardware as an ethernet card and not
a wireless  connection. I tried to delete it as an ethernet and
set it up as a wireless, yet "Broadcom Corparation BCM93411MCG
wlan mini-pci" does not show up under "select wireless device" or
"adapter type". Yet when I add it as an ethernet connection it
shows up under "adapter type" or "select ethernet connection" yet
if I install it, it has a status of 'ok', yet does not function
or activate.

Drivers?
Any ideas?