Mouse Pointer Missing On Startup

Jim Duda jim at duda.tzo.com
Thu Sep 13 00:18:08 UTC 2007

I'm running Fedora 7 on a Compaq F572US laptop, with proprietary Nvidia
drivers.  During boot, the mouse and mouse pointer appear through rhgb.
  However, many times, after boot and the gdm login screen appears, the
mouse pointer disappears.  The mouse still works, since when I move the
mouse I can get different boxes to high lite, however the pointer itself
is missing.  This doesn't happen always, but enough to make it
frustrating and warrant a query for help :-)  I have to continuously
reboot until I get a mouse pointer in gdm.

Can anyone explain how this can happen and what I can investigate?

Thanks,

Jim