f9 on the Asus EEE PC (resume and additional keys)

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:30:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Sven Lankes <sl at killefiz.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:20:34PM +0200, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
>
>  >> The machine suspends fine but doesn't resume successfully. The screen
>  >> stays black on resume. It seems that it is still doing something as
>  >> pushing the power button after a failed resume suspends the machine
>  >> again (suspends as in the power led starts blinking again).
>
>  > You should try to rewrite a value in /proc/acpi/asus/brn _after_
>  > wakeup. That should reset LCD brightness to a sane value. The part of
>  > my acpi script (based on eeedora), that works for me with "lid" events
>  > looks like that :
>
>  Thanks for the pointer. That was it.
>
>  I have solved it by adding an
>
>   echo 3 > /proc/acpi/asus/brn
>
>  to /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video
>
>  I'll try to update the wiki with my findings later today. After
>  compiling the eeepc-acpi module taken from the debian package my acpi
>  events now work too.

Hey all,

I am sorry I have been such a slacker the last month or so.  I still
need to finish and post my eeepc-acpi module that generates key-events
for HAL.  I also have the necessary fdi files so things like rfkill,
and volume just work with gnome.   I will update the wiki page when I
have them posted somewhere.

Jon