yum throws this message

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 21:07:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Sean Madden <sean at seanmadden.net> wrote:
> You need to edit your /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf
> to include:
>
> <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit"/>
> <allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction"/>
>
> Add these below the line reading:
>
> <policy context="default">

Nice but... if the file is marked as %config in the RPM, the
replacement from the update will be renamed as .rpmnew and you will
need to move it back over your hand edited file.

If not, then it will be overridden anyway with the correct values at
the first update (which I bet is going to happen pretty soon...)

So, IMHO, not worthwhile

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com