HP6910p suspend/resume problem

Luca raskolnikoff77 at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 24 21:09:00 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,
	a few days ago I wrote about a problem suspending my laptop with
default kernel and suspend on a HP6910p laptop. Somebody suggested to
take a look to the HAL info DB for the suspend quirks.

Browsing through that page, I've found a command that proved to be
useful to suspend the laptop:

	pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios --quirk-s3-mode

This showed a few issues though, in particular:

* sometimes (empirically 20% of the times) the laptop does not wake up,
while the fan keeps running

* when the laptop wakes up, brightness is low. Using xbrightness does
not help, and the only thing to do is to kill and restart X

I don't know if and how the two things are related, but any suggestion
is welcome!

Cheers,
Luca