Fedora-laptop-list Digest, Vol 25, Issue 10

jcvlz jcvlz at jcvlz.com
Sun Jun 1 17:06:16 UTC 2008

2008/6/1 Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007 at gmail.com>:
> can anybody tell me that the following will work in f9 on a sony vaio sz400:
>
> touchpad
> 3d graphics
> keyoard
> wi fi
> hindi text with a english keyboard
> java
> flash
> actually with f8 the touchpad doesnt work correctly and its sensors make the
> cursor go in opposite direction

I've been running F9 for about a week on a Sony Vaio VGN-FZ240E, with
no serious problems to speak of.  So far, it appears to be handling
the hardware better than F8, with less need for customization.  There
are of course a couple of tweaks that you'll probably want to make,
but nothing critical.

As far as your list, all seem to be working fine, except the hindi (I
havn't tried it).  Although, I did not have any problems in F8 either
(e.g. the touchpad worked fine).

To get the headphone jack working, I had to add the following to modprobe.conf:
    options snd-hda-intel model=vaio

I should also mention that I have not yet tested Xen on this machine,
since dom0 is not supported in F9 (should be back in F10).  Note,
you'll have to do the bios hack to turn on virtualization support - it
worked fine for me.