Wireless not working with FC9 on Dell XPS M1530

John Preston byhisdeeds at gmail.com
Wed May 28 23:25:55 UTC 2008

I have installed FC9 on a Dell XPS M1530 and am having problems with the
wireless connectivity which was working with FC8 on the same laptop. I get
the following from dmesg:

iwl3945: Detected Intel Wireless WiFi Link 3945ABG
iwl3945: Error: saturation power is -1, less than minimum expected 40
iwl3945: Invalid power index
iwl3945: initializing regulatory failed: -5
ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:0b:00.0 disabled
iwl3945: probe of 0000:0b:00.0 failed with error -5

Can anyone tell me what seems to be happening and if there is anything I can
do to fix it. Ocassionally I get it to work after restarting NetworkManager.
I'm right beside the wireless hub so it should not be signal strength.

John