F12 upgrade on lenova - desktop issues.

Steve O sobrien.808 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 18:50:45 UTC 2009

I had the same problem, I was able to fix it by using my xorg.conf from FC11 - you can generate one using system-config-display (by default FC11 and 12 do not use xorg.conf).  Here is mine:

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# keyboard added by rhpxl
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105+inet"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        ModelName    "Dell 2000FP (Digital)"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 80.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor1"
        ModelName    "Dell 2000FP (Digital)"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 80.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 76.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "intel"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1600x1200" "1280x800" "1024x768"
                Virtual 3200 2400
        EndSubSection
EndSection