F10 installation on Hp laptop(dv5-1210tx)

Ray Ward rayfward at sky.com
Fri Mar 6 07:52:45 UTC 2009

Here's what you do.
In Vista go to a command prompt and type ipconfig and post it here.
In Fedora get a terminal session and type ifconfig and post it here.
In vista do a nslookup from a command prompt for your favorite web site
and check that it returns the correct DNS address.
In Fedora do the same from a terminal and check that you get the correct
address.
In Vista from a command prompt try pinging the gateway and confirm that
you can reach the gateway.
In Fedora do the same and confirm that  you can reach the gateway.

In vista are you using the WiFi Connection rather than the wired. If so
use the wired in both cases so we get the same results.

In both cases the default gateway should be the broadband router and the
DNS server will also be the same address as the gateway (This will
depend on make and model of the router).

I need this information to catch the problem.