Compaq Easy Access Buttons

greg.lumpkin at gmail.com greg.lumpkin at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:57:19 UTC 2009

Good morning all,

Has anyone here had success enabling the Easy Access Buttons on a Compaq
laptop? I have a Compaq Evo N800w mobile workstation (Iaptop) with three
keys at the upper left of the keyboard. They are for Internet, E-mail and
Search. I can't get a scancode from any of them.

There is a fourth button over on the right with a music note symbol on it
that does give a scancode and I can associate that with the media player in
Linux, but the other three just come up blank. There is a program you have
to download from HP in order to get them to work in Windows.

I've tried several programs like keyTouch and linEAK without success.

Any ideas?

Greg