Unable to switch to wireless

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sat May 30 21:29:21 UTC 2009

ASUS Z84F, wireless built-in. Normally I connect to my Netgear router
via ethernet. Nm-applet (Fedora 10) reports wireless connection.

Problem: if I unplug the ethernet connection, the system does not
switch to wireless. If I re-boot with the ethernet unplugged,
wireless works fine, and if I re-plug the ethernet connection, it
switches over correctly. And back to wireless, etc.

Behavior is lost when I suspend or hibernate.

Any suggestions? (It's not a BIOS issue.)