Unable to switch to wireless

Ray Ward rayfward at sky.com
Sun May 31 17:16:56 UTC 2009

I'm not sure you can do auto switching between connections unless there
is a switcher that monitors the connection state of the adapters.
I have only ever been able to  turn adapters on or off according to my
requirements.
To the best of my knowledge your connections are  either on or off.

Wireless will attempt to connect to the nearest station and your wired
interface will sit there until a cable is plugged in.
However I could be wrong I'm sure  some one will put me right here.
There are other session network managers might one these be more
suitable?
Knetwork Manager does quite a good job at managing my connections.

As for suspend I have never successfully managed to get this to work
reliably.  I know for a fact that it can switch of devices (LAN cards
and such) but when the time comes to resume the devices may not be
switched  back on again.  This is common in Windows as well as Linux.
It's a long standing problem and has been around since it was invented.

Regards

Ray