RFD: Alternative Release Support

Rob J. Caskey rcaskey at uga.edu
Wed Dec 3 01:55:16 UTC 2003

Oky, thought I would check in now that everyone has had a few days to
digest things.

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/EveryOtherRelease has a good summary of the
issues at hand. Please weigh in if you have yet to do so!

For you folks who favor select, but not exactly time-based supported
releases, I will say that I am afraid this will put another potato in
our hands and just gives us a lot of tough choices to make. I think that
a hard-line every other release would lend an element of certainty to
Legacy that would be reassuring and conforming to the project goals.

Anyway, people, please continue to way in. If it seems clear that
selected release support is the way to go, then we can worry about
specifics.

Now is the time for discussion!

Sincerely,
Rob J. Caskey