test build

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Dec 6 22:48:52 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 10:20, Lucas Albers wrote:
> How close to a working implementation of fedora legacy are we?
>
> Have you tested the build environment by rebuilding all the srpms for our
> supported architectures?
> Then we can dump those packages into our yum/apt repository. Then the
> mirrors can do a dry run on synchronization and various people can test
> everything to see if yum/apt repository appear to be working correctly.

Err... why rebuild the entire operating system?

At the moment I am confident that we collectively fully understand all
the quirks on the target operating systems.  Currently we are waiting
for Pogo Linux and Jesse Keatings to put together the dedicated Fedora
Legacy server.  When that happens we (the fedora.us team) can easily
help him setup and understand every aspect of how this works.

If that is not operational in time we have a viable backup plan.  For
the past 10 months fedora.us has basically been doing exactly this:
package submission, QA analysis, improvement, building, testing,
signing, publishing in apt/yum repositories.  fedora.us infrastructure
for doing this for Legacy is ready TODAY.  Unless the Legacy members
want to do the necessary discussion to design a new process now, I
really believe the existing fedora.us process with minor modifications
will do the job.

> We are 24 days from our launch date, based on eol, and I want to be
> confident I can use this on my systems.
>
> Do we have:
> bugzilla database?

Perhaps just need to tweak our settings and update the documentation.

> erratta notifications?

Only need to add a mailing list to mailman.

> Figured out the argument about rpm versions?

RH8 and RH9 I think most of us agree to upgrade.  7.X is less certain
and contingent on if we want to be able to use the latest yum-2.x, thus
perhaps we should have a vote?

> Setup apt or yum repository?

No problem.  We've been doing this for ages.  Don't worry.

Warren