[Fwd: Re: fedora-legacy agrees to enforce rpm upgrades? (was: Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 1)]

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 7 23:11:48 UTC 2003

this is a best place for this thread

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: fedora-legacy agrees to enforce rpm upgrades? (was: Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 1)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:20:02 -0800
From: Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com

On Friday 07 November 2003 12:06, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Make it 3 then...  I support Warren's suggestion.  Perhaps others
> will speak up too if it is something up for democratic vote.  If
> it's not up for democratic vote, hail Warren!

Well, I think right now I'd have the final say, but I do differ to
warren on a lot of issues.  I'd have to dig up some old email, but
there were some locking bugs and upgrade version issues that we wanted
to solve with a single rpm version set across all the supported Legacy
distros.  Fedora.us has done a lot of research on it so I've been told,
and they haven't found any reason to not fix these nasty bugs.

So I'm going to be a bit totalitarian for a moment, and unless somebody
can show me a really good reason to _not_ fix RPM across these release,
then rpm will be upgraded.

Note, this is not an upgrade just to upgrade, we're fixing bugs here.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know:
---end--

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically