[off-list] A request for RedHat 8.0 continued support...

Paul zen23003 at zen.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 10:43:13 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pekka Savola" <pekkas at netcore.fi>
To: <fedora-legacy-list at redhat.com>
Sent: 08 November 2003 06:58
Subject: Re: A request for RedHat 8.0 continued support...

> 8.0 is terribly easy to upgrade to 9.
>
> I've done both of these multiple times, remotely, not even going on
site
> physically.

Hi Pekka

I'm fairly newbie.  I have a co-lo machine running RH8.  It's not live
yet (it was all setup ready to go when RH made the announcement).  I was
thinking of moving distro to Debian because of the lack of support on
the list for RH8 updates, but you make an interesting point here.  Can
you point me to any info on going about the RH8 to 9 upgrade?  What do
you think about a RH8 to Fedora upgrade (or even RH8 -> RH9 -> Fedora)?

Regards

Paul Welsh