"the rpm question" - summary

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 9 00:21:31 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 12:12, Ingo T. Storm wrote:
> I think it all comes down to D, which is rather about opinion and directions
> than technical fact and touches an important question: How much _Fedora.us_
> is in _FedoraLegacy_? To me it looks like it's rather the "Fedora.us" core
> people would like to stay on a successful track (same rpm for everyone),

Only a slight correction.  I don't know where this idea came from...
but...

1) fedora.us does NOT require users to upgrade rpm.  It is currently
optional.
2) I never advocated upgrading to the same version of rpm, rpm-4.2 was
mentioned.  I mentioned that the latest upgrade to the latest versions
rpm-4.2.1, rpm-4.1.1 and rpm-4.0.5 at rpm.org.

Warren