"the rpm question" - summary

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Mon Nov 10 14:07:39 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:21:31PM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> 2) I never advocated upgrading to the same version of rpm, rpm-4.2 was
> mentioned.  I mentioned that the latest upgrade to the latest versions
> rpm-4.2.1, rpm-4.1.1 and rpm-4.0.5 at rpm.org.

Please tell me you really mean rpm-4.2-1, not 4.2.1. 4.2.1 has the epoch
promotion removal and won't work properly with Red Hat 9 (because
various RH 9 packages are broken in this regard).

Also, RPM 4.0.5 gives me some scary-looking messages when I use it with
up2date. I mentioned the RH Bugzilla bug number in a previous thread;
if you have trouble finding it, I'll find it again and post it again at
some point in the next few days.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>