[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Jesse Keating jkeating at pogolinux.com
Tue Oct 7 22:05:57 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 14:37, Jarod C.Wilson wrote:
> > I should be able to make this Saturday's GSLUG meeting.
>
> If so, I'll see you there. I'm the 6'3" 220lb. guy in a baseball cap
> w/a white iBook.

Strange.. I'll be the 5'6" 230lb. guy, possibly in a baseball cap (Red
Hat one) w/ a white iBook as well....

> I do recall seeing your name on the site some time ago, prior to my
> first attendance. I may be doing a presentation or two of my own in
> the near future (MythTV)...

I think I remember talking to you about that a while back.  I gave
MythTV a go a while back on my own, only to find out my dogfood box
just wasn't up to the task (Duron 950, 320megs of ram, 4x Ultra2 9gig
SCSI disks, WinTV GO POS TV card)

> You can hit up the web site at http://www.seaslug.org/ and the
> meetings are the second Tuesday of every month at 7pm, located at
> Myrio in Kirkland. Nothing posted for the next meeting yet, but if I
> had to choose between going to the Linux and UNIX user group
> meetings, I'd opt for the UNIX meetings. The UNIX group has been
> around far longer (since '84), and one of the UNIX group's board
> members (Randy Bentson) is actually the one who started the Linux
> group.

Kirkland, great!  I live in Redmond.  Now I know why I haven't been to
the Unix meetings.  I used to have something going every Tuesday night.
Wait a sec, isn't this the second Tuesday?  Is there a meeting tonight?
If so, I might go, although I think my wife has the car until 8pm ):

--
Jesse Keating RHCE
Pogo Linux -- Linux Systems Engineer