[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Tue Oct 7 22:56:51 UTC 2003

> > Strange.. I'll be the 5'6" 230lb. guy, possibly in a baseball cap (Red
> > Hat one) w/ a white iBook as well....
>
> Navy blue Nike cap for me, most likely. And a bit on the young side. ;)
>
> Anyone else plan on attending?

I'll make my best attempt to be there (where "there" is defined as the
GSLUG meeting this Saturday from 10am to 4pm). I might be wearing a Helix
ballcap.

> Yeah, for a software-encoding card like that "POS" as you call it (very
> aptly named, in fact; I have a similar POS in my collection), a Duron
> 950 won't cut it. Now with a PVR-x50 hardware encoding card, my Athlon
> 800 does fine... I just got a pcHDTV card; very cool... MythTV has been
> rapidly maturing. I maintain a decent little write-up on how to install
> from scratch on RHL9, entirely from rpms now (see sig)... Okay, veering
> back on-topic...

Veering back off topic: I maintain the webvcr+ project and have had great
success with the Hauppauge WinTV Theatre card. It was $200 and it came
with a radio tuner, an IR receiver and a remote control. You can pay $40
for one without any bells and whistles.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.