[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Tue Oct 7 23:03:07 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 15:50, Jarod C.Wilson wrote:
> Yeah, for a software-encoding card like that "POS" as you call it
> (very aptly named, in fact; I have a similar POS in my collection), a
> Duron 950 won't cut it. Now with a PVR-x50 hardware encoding card, my
> Athlon 800 does fine... I just got a pcHDTV card; very cool... MythTV
> has been rapidly maturing. I maintain a decent little write-up on how
> to install from scratch on RHL9, entirely from rpms now (see sig)...
> Okay, veering back on-topic...

Yeah, thats kinda what I found out.  I should sell off that POS (or give
it away really).  I'd like to give it another go, there is lots of good
stuff I'd like to record, but I still can't grasp the whole usage of a
really obscure encoding codec that isn't easily playable outside of
Myth or a patched up mplayer.  Has the author yet succumbed to the
requests of a standard recording codec?

> Moved out of Renton due to getting the job at Pogo, I assume (I
> follow the RH and Mondo mailing lists too :).

Geez, I'm more public than I thought.  I actually moved up to Redmond
when I got a job with Microsoft (shamefull I know).  I was unemployed
for 3~ months after working at AT&T Fixed Wireless in Redmond for about
1.5 years and so I took any job I could find.  Landed a trained monkey
job at Microsoft just before my wedding, so I wasn't a total bum.  I
worked there for about 6 months before I got the job with Pogo.  It
just worked out very well that Pogo moved to within 3 blocks of my
apartment complex in Redmond shortly after I started working there
(pre-planned, nothing to do with me)

> Nope, see above. ;p
>
> > If so, I might go, although I think my wife has the car until 8pm
> > ):
>
> That'd be a problem, if the meeting was tonight. Myrio basically
> locks the doors after 7pm, so you have to be on time, or you can't
> get in... If it is a problem, I could probably provide
> transportation. Redmond isn't exactly on the way from Maple Valley,
> but not too far out of the way (depending on where, exactly...).

Whooops, my bad. I have the calender applet on my gnome bar, just got
too lazy to check.  I'll make better transport arrangements for next
week.  This week my wife had a college fair to represent Digipen at.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: