[Fedora-legacy-list] Fedora-Legacy EOL

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Oct 23 16:12:59 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 08:59, Erik Williamson wrote:
> I'm just wondering about what sort of life expectancy a release may
> have.

Between RH and us, we're looking at around 1.5 years.

> Going with the notion that FC releases are ~4 months apart, with 3
> months of errata from the FC team after the subsequent release comes
> out, and judging by Seth Vidal's posting on the 1-2-3-out method -
> can we anticipate ~21 month life cycle?

Actually, releases will be coming about every 6 months according to
Fedora documentation, with support for 2~4 months after the next
release.  But yes, the 1-2-3-out method, one being covered by RH, 2 and
3 by Fedora Legacy, you can look forward to about a 18~20 month life
span, depending on the popularity of a given release.

> Looking forward to helping in any way that I can.

Great!  Glad to have you aboard.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: