Legacy going to move...?

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Fri Apr 2 17:32:33 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 11:47 am, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Our resources are already spread thin.  I'm pretty disappointed with the
> lack of community effort.  There are a few hard working people, but
> nothing near what I had hoped for.  Taking on more than what we can
> really feasibly do will be bad for the project.  I'd much rather fully
> support a few releases, than halfassed support many many releases.

What about asking for support from the community?

To gather support, the project needs to be visible.  Make it visible. I didn't
knew of this project until not so long ago.

What about sending a bunch of articles to the usual places? Slashdot,
Newsforge, Freshmeat, LinuxGazzette, local user groups...

And, on each one, do a call for volunteers. Specify what resources and talents
are needed.

There's a saying that goes like "He who doesn't cry, gets no milk" (of course
this is a on-the-fly translation)

Salut,
Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com