Red Hat 8 (and soon 9) support

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Sat Apr 3 00:21:23 UTC 2004

seth vidal wrote:

>>If we can start hashing out the RH 8.0 stuff before the flood of RH 9 stuff
>>comes in, we'll be in better shape.
>

> I disagree  - I'd be curious about taking some web server statistics to
> find out if 8.0 is being used at all. How many people are left still
> supporting 8.0? How much work are they willing to put into it? I know I
> don't have any 8.0 boxes anywhere and therefore have very low interest
> in spending time on it.

I've got 2 RH 8.0 boxes that I wouldn't cry if I had to update to RH9 if
needed in order to receive errata from the legacy project. In the past I
had some apps that wouldn't port any higher than RH8, but they've since
been upgraded. Others may not be so lucky.

IMHO, RH 9 was just a much better release stability and performance
wise. I know I'm probably one of many, but others may share a similar
opinion.
Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.