2.6.x SMP and IPv4

Maurice maurice at cds-cumberland.org
Sat Aug 7 05:15:54 UTC 2004

That worked...

I did get an IPv6 when I allowed that to function, but since I don't
have any other IPv6 machines on my home network I was never able to
really test if IPv6 functioned correctly.

But the noapic at boot time did the trick!
Now my 2.6.xSMP kernel allows IPv4 traffic.
Thank you very much.
You get a gold-star.

So what else can you tell me about my NIC (netgear FA311) and 2.6.xSMP
and IPv4 not working, but IPv4 working in a non-SMP kernel?

Thanks, again
-Maurice