Updated FC1 boot CD (was: Fedora Legacy 9.0 direct install -- how?)

Greg Bailey gbailey at lxpro.com
Tue Aug 17 15:57:41 UTC 2004

On a (somewhat) related note, I'd be interested in anyone's experience
at generating a replacement FC1 boot CD that could be used to install on
hardware (Serial-ATA, for example) that's better supported with the
errata kernels as opposed to the stock 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl kernel
supplied on the CD(s).  It'd be slick to have a small bootable CD that
would work with modern hardware and then just use the original CD's for
installation.  Of course you'd have to install the upgraded kernel at
install-time for the system to work.

For some applications I can't move yet to FC2 / 2.6, but the hardware is
too new to install FC1 reliably on it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greg Bailey
gbailey at lxpro.com