uhm, seems like I screwed up a bit...

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Wed Aug 18 23:18:19 UTC 2004

Hi folks, I found time to upgrade via yum from rh 8.0 to rh 9.0 the
server. It went almost flawlessly (that is, without major and unfixable
glitches :)

But recently I had to try upgrading python from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2 (for
another software installment). And this seems to have broken up yum's
heart.

I tried upgrading yum to 2.0.7, but remains broken. Tried also rewinding
back both yum and python to the versions meant for rh9 (with "rpm -Uvh --
force"). However, yum still keeps spitting back at me these lines when I
try to call it in action:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
>     import yummain
>   File "yummain.py", line 21, in ?
>   File "clientStuff.py", line 25, in ?
>   File "pkgaction.py", line 25, in ?
>   File "rpmUtils.py", line 9, in ?
>   File "urlgrabber.py", line 21, in ?
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 101, in ?
>     import ftplib
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/ftplib.py", line 68, in ?
>     all_errors = (Error, socket.error, IOError, EOFError)
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'error'

Unfortunately, I'm not really much into python (de gustibus...) so I don't
know where to start looking. If anyone of you could give me a hint, I'd be
grateful :)

-
|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |