Suggested Website Changes

David Eisner cradle at umd.edu
Tue Aug 24 16:12:49 UTC 2004

The last advisory posted for RH9 was 2004-07-19:

  http://fedoralegacy.org/updates/RH9/

So I decided I would help by testing out some of the candidate updates.
I clicked on the "Participate" link on fedoralegacy.org, and went down
to the "QA tester" section.  The description is fine, but there's no
link to further instructions. If you dig around through the site
and the mailing list archives, you can eventually figure it out.  It
should be easier, though.

Suggestion 1:
This section of the "How to Participate" document should link to
more detailed instructions.  It might even be as simple as:
"To get started, please read the documentation for setting up
yum or apt at http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/, under 'Getting started...'"

Suggestion 2:
If you go to http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh9.php,
the example yum.conf doesn't have any information about
configuring yum for updates-testing.   It seems like it would
be a good idea to have something like "If you would like to
help out by testing proposed updates, you may add the following
section to your config file . . .".

Just some thoughts.

-David