Semi-OT: Re: RH9 SMTP/POP3 problems

Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net info at hostinthebox.net
Fri Dec 10 23:13:37 UTC 2004

> Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I've seen that happen before.  Try doing just that - use the IP
>> as the mail server for a while, see how that works.
>>
>> Which MTA are you using?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -dant
>

> I am using Sendmail
>
> Dan, thank you very much.  I will chase from the DNS perspective.
>
> -Eucke

I've just spent the last two weeks tweaking out Postfix to run virtual
mailboxen with a mysql backend, and it's working out fine.  I'm happy to
see that there's at least a legacy Postfix involvement.  I'm actually
thinking of making some packages for the project to correct some things
that I see as, not really mistakes, but undocumented features.

I just feel guilty for subscribing to this list withou contributing
anything yet ;)

Thanks
-dant