how to improve the efficiency [Re: Round-up, 2004-11-28]

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Dec 4 04:17:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:40:04PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> I may get shit for this, but I like mantis far better than bugzilla. And
> i've used both extensively (along with others).
> http://www.mantisbt.org/

Hmmm. I looked at it a bit, and it doesn't seem to really have the
flexibility and power that bugzilla does. (No fulltext searching, support
for multiple projects (say, for example, more than one src.rpm!) is
immature, etc.)

Perhaps most importantly, the main Fedora project is based around bugzilla,
and I think it makes sense to keep Legacy the same. However, it would be
cool if the FL bugzilla were as nicely configured as the RH one (especially
their new beta layout -- <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta/index.cgi>).